Foreign Trading Programs
- 1998 Tradable Discharge Permits System for Water Pollution: Case Study of Upper Nanpan River, China
- Sloping Lands Conservation Program: "Grain for Green" - Program utilizes an intermediary-based transaction (local government) internal trading payment mechanism where the central government allocates funding for compensation to farmers setting aside part of their cropland.
- Jesus De Otoro: A program focusing on water quality and reducing water pollution using improved management practices and a point system to determine payments.
- Sukhomairi: Community Watershed Management - Focuses on water quality through participatory integrated watershed management projects using best management practices. Their payment mechanism is an NGO intermediary-based transaction and tradable water rights/user fees.
- Kenya Integrated Ecosystem Project: A Market Design stategy for Water Quality to reduce erosion and pollutants into Lake Victoria and also includes carbon credits from tree planting and biodiversity.
- 2007 Working Paper: "Nutrient Trading in Lake Rotorua: Where Are We Now?"